POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Link Lock zazzle render : Link Lock zazzle render Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Link Lock zazzle render
From: Tek
Date: 10 Dec 2002 13:06:50
Message: <3df62d3a@news.povray.org>
I finally finished rendering a large version of my wet object I posted a
while ago. The render was at 4000x3000, so I could make a poster out of it!
It's available here:
http://www.zazzle.com/posters/gallery/product.asp?product%5Fid=70016418

The render time was an estimated 200 hours, spread over several evenings and
weekends for about 3 weeks! I don't know why but there seemed to be some
sort of memory problem with pov: it would keep eating memory at about 4k a
second, until it ran out and had to start thrashing the hard drive for
virtual memory. This obviously killed the render time, which would otherwise
have probably been a much more reasonable 100 hours ;)

Anyway, here's a rescaled version for your thoughts and comments (and
desktops!).

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com